- Pick an exercise to do during a commercial break while you’re watching TV
- Work your core while you’re waiting for your coffee to brew in the morning
- Or do them at the end of your next workout
- Fewer workouts, focused on what really moves you forward
- Shorter, more targeted workouts
- Or fewer AND shorter well-designed workouts
- Concentrating on the 3-4 healthy habits with the biggest payoffs
- Knowing what convenience foods are actually good for you vs trying to make every meal from scratch.
- When you’re feeling stressed
- When you have a lot of responsibilities
- When you don’t have a lot of time
- When you’re just starting out … or coming back after a layoff
- When you’ve just completed a big event (like a marathon)
- When you’re coming back after an illness or injury
Maybe you’ve heard this saying:
“You are only one workout away from a GOOD MOOD.”
It’s SO TRUE – a workout can rev up your body’s feel-good hormones, give you a mental break, and shift your focus. Which makes it a great way to turn your day around!
A few days ago, I sent you an email about how everything is connected – your sleep, activity, food choices, stress, and so much more.
You can read it here: https://colleenriddle.com/blog/30890/the-real-cause-of-your-cravings-
Anyway, I mentioned how if you’re having an “off” day in one area, taking ONE GOOD-FOR-YOU ACTION can turn it around into an “on” (or at least better) day.
A quick workout is one of the fastest ways to help with that – in just a few short minutes.
Here are 5 quick ways to get your heart pumping in just 10 minutes!
10-Minute Feel-Good Workouts:
Cardio Walk: Lace up your kicks and go outside for a quick 10-minute walk. Or hit the treadmill/elliptical for 10 minutes.
Strength Circuit: Repeat for a total of 10 minutes: 10 squats, 30 seconds “pretend” jump rope (or march in place), 10 pushups, 30 seconds jumping jacks, 10 lunges (each side), 10 bicycle crunches (each side), 10 glute bridges, 30-second break.
Dance It Out: Turn on your favorite music and have a dance party.
Aggression-Relieving Session: Alternate kickboxing moves – 30 seconds of punches with 30 seconds of kicks, 30 seconds off, for a total of 10 minutes.
Cardio Cleaning Session: Set your timer for 10 mins and GO for a fast & furious chore session. Don’t get distracted. (This one isn’t as fun as the options above … but on the plus side, you’ll knock off a few things from your to-do list.)
As you can see, you don’t need any special equipment – you just need some focus, good music, and boom! You can turn your day (& mood) around. We'd love to know if you try any of these ideas. Hop on over to the Facebook Group after you try and tell us!Have a fantastic day!