- Prevent soreness
- Improve mobility
- Improve your posture
- Improve flexibility & your range of motion
- Cut your risk of injury
- Increase blood flow
- Relieve tension and stress
- Promote relaxation
- Fewer workouts, focused on what really moves you forward
- Shorter, more targeted workouts
- Or fewer AND shorter well-designed workouts
- Concentrating on the 3-4 healthy habits with the biggest payoffs
- Knowing what convenience foods are actually good for you vs trying to make every meal from scratch.
- When you’re feeling stressed
- When you have a lot of responsibilities
- When you don’t have a lot of time
- When you’re just starting out … or coming back after a layoff
- When you’ve just completed a big event (like a marathon)
- When you’re coming back after an illness or injury
First of all: HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY❤️! I hope you do something GREAT for your heart today. Go for a walk, give someone you love a hug, breathe in the fresh air – anything that makes your heart happy.
My hubby and I are going to to partner Yoga class! I'm so excited!Today I’m going to share something really important that just might change how you look at your health & fitness.
It’s a mindset trick that will make it EASIER for you to:
Stick with the basics,
Avoid feeling overwhelmed, and
Take off some of the pressure you might feel about all things you think you “should” be doing.
Think back to the last time you had to teach someone something.
Maybe it was a new person at work … maybe it was teaching a kid to tie (or Velcro) their shoes … or maybe it was in an actual classroom.
How did you do it?
I’m guessing you didn’t overwhelm your student with EVERYTHING at once – or expect them to do it exactly right on their first (or second or third) try.
You probably started with the basics … at the very beginning … and then when they understood them, you added more info or actions. As a former third grade teacher, I learned this little tip over 25 years ago, and quickly realized that your healthy lifestyle habits are no different.
EXCEPT that we expect ourselves to be able to jump right into the deep end and do ALL the things from Day One.
(And do them perfectly.)
Not exactly a recipe for success – more like a plan for burnout and frustration.
A better approach: let yourself be like your student, and focus on 1-2 new habits and skills – actions that actually help you feel SUCCESSFUL.
And then add more when it’s time.
This could be:
Starting with a few workouts a week that leave you feeling energized and stronger (vs. sore and exhausted)
Making changes in your meals and snacks to include foods that you love AND support your goals (vs. leave you feeling deprived with constant cravings)
Finding ways to fit self-care into your busy schedule (vs. always feeling like you’re behind and struggling to catch up)
Sounds pretty good, right?
I help my clients create results that last a lifetime by focusing on the actions that actually WORK – for them, their goals, and their lifestyle!
I've helped hundreds of clients create sustainable, healthy lifestyles so they can have more energy, finally lose the weight, sleep better, and live an active, fulfilled life.
And I'd love to be part of your fitness/wellness team to help YOU reach your goals.
If you’re still reading right now, it’s for a reason. You’re probably ready to make some kind of a change in your life … and that’s AMAZING.
If this is you, let’s talk. We can figure out if I have a program that's a perfect fit for you!
- A longer life because you are less likely to die early from chronic disease.
- Less risk of heart disease, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and some cancers (including colon, breast, lung, and uterine).
- Better mood, less stress and anxiety, and improved mental health.
- Improved brain health (both the structure AND how it functions).
- Stronger bones and muscles.
- Better sleep (both quality and quantity).
- More satisfying sex life.
- Lower risk of falling down.
- Improved weight control.
- Easier time quitting smoking.
- When your nutrition is dialed in …
- You have more energy to exercise, which helps
- Boost your mood and relieve stress, which makes it easier to
- Get a good night of sleep, which helps
- Balance important hormones that help you stay feeling full & satisfied, which
- Makes it easier to keep your nutrition on-track.
- And around it goes!