Ready for a quick list of actions you can take starting TODAY that will help you reset your metabolism naturally?
The secret is to upgrade your self-care. (Sorry, I’m not talking about hitting the spa for “you” day, although that's important too! See bottom of the blog :-))
That’s because your healthy metabolism depends on your healthy daily habits.
Here are the 5 pillars to focus on when it comes to naturally rebooting your metabolism:
- Exercising, including using weights & doing higher-intensity workouts at least 2x a week
- Eating a balanced, low-sugar, whole-foods-based diet that includes protein at every meal — and eating at regular times throughout the day
- Sleeping 7-8 hours every night
- Being more active in general — not only does this burn more calories, but it also “primes” your body to release more fat-burning enzymes
- Have an outlet for your stress — whether it’s meditation, exercise, hobbies, or talking it out with a friend
THEN… once you get your habits squared away, you can start adding a few “extras” to give you a little boost:
- Be diligent about drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water a day
- Add spicy foods to your weekly rotation
- Drink a moderate amount (1-2 cups) of unsweetened coffee or green/oolong tea a day
- Get your vitamin D levels checked because low levels are linked to less energy and a slower metabolism.
Naturally resetting your metabolism is like doing a “reset” on your health and fitness, from the inside out!
I hope this info helps you move closer to your goals. 🚀
PS… Are you ready to make a real change in your health? My 28-Day Total Body Transformation can take you from blah and exhausted to empowered and energized with a proven plan. You can learn more by visiting my website: 28 Day Program
PPS....If you are local and want some pampering self-care and fun girl time, I'm hosting my monthly Inspired Self-Care event this Thursday. Click here for more details and to RSVP.
Yours in health,
Colleen Riddle, ACE Certified Personal Trainer
Creator of the Fit Pickleballer's Injury Prevention Program (coming soon)
Join my Facebook Group for more wellness info! Wellness With Colleen