Just popping in with a little check-in!
How are you doing today?
How did you sleep last night … have you gotten in any workouts this week … are you focusing on whole foods … and how is your mood?
I’m asking because all of that is RELATED.
When just one of those things is out of whack, it can throw everything else out of whack right along with it!
- A bad night of sleep can throw your hunger hormones out of balance, making you feel hungry … even if you’ve eaten enough
- A stressful day can leave you exhausted and craving comfort foods (and tempt you to skip your workout)
- Lack of activity can drain your energy and also leave you tossing and turning
- Eating too close to bedtime can make it hard to sleep
- And on and on and on!
So … if you’re having one of “those days” … try taking a step back to look at the bigger picture – and then take ONE ACTION to help you feel better (and get back on track).
- Go outside for a brisk walk and fresh air – or make time for a workout
- Take 5-10 minutes to sit in a quiet space and do breathing exercises (I grab a favorite essential oil to enhance this)
- Make sure your next meal is healthy & made of whole foods (including veggies!)
- Double-check your water intake for the day
This can be like hitting the “reset” button on your day and will help you make better choices moving forward.
What’s ONE action you can count on to RESET your day? Keep this in your back pocket in case you need it! Message me if you use one of these this week!
Having a “big picture” viewpoint can make all the difference in your fitness/wellness – and it’s just ONE REASON why working with an experienced coach can help you get the results you want!
Not only will you have a complete roadmap to success, but also the accountability, support, motivation, and experience to help you feel great every step of the way.
Yours in health,
Colleen Riddle, ACE Certified Personal Trainer
Young Living Gold Independent Distributor
Join my Facebook Group for more wellness info! Wellness With Colleen
💡Q: Does it REALLY matter whether I get 7-8 hours of sleep every night?
A: The answer is …. YES!
⭐We’ve all heard the popular hustle-and-grind saying: “I’ll sleep when I’m dead.”
But you’ll actually get MORE done – and do it better! – if you get enough sleep. PLUS, you’ll feel better doing it.
✅Here’s a quick rundown of WHY sleep is important:
- Your brain forms new pathways to help your memory while you sleep.
- Being rested helps you control your emotions and behavior.
- It improves your recovery from workouts.
- It keeps your hormones balanced (including those that control stress, blood sugar control, and food cravings).
- Plus, it triggers the release of growth hormone, which helps your body build muscle and repair cells.
- Getting too little sleep (in the long term) is linked with a higher risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and kidney disease.
- Getting too little sleep increases the risk of obesity.
- Your immune system performs better when you are rested.
- Getting enough quality sleep helps you be more productive and efficient during the day.
As you can see, your body isn’t asleep on the job when you’re sleeping – it’s actually working hard to keep you healthy, strong, and productive!
How many hours of sleep did YOU get last night? Drop a comment!
Yours in health,