Do you remember Whac-A-Mole?
You know, the arcade game where a mole keeps popping up in unpredictable spots and it’s your job to smack it on the head?
Well, that’s kind of like how stress works.
Except you are the mole … and when stress gets out of control, every time you make a move, it keeps bopping YOU on the head.
This is why it’s SO IMPORTANT to have a plan to manage stress before it manages you.
Because when stress is in control, not only do YOU feel out of control, but it’s tough to reach your goals. It can affect your sleep, your appetite, your relationships, and so much more!
I came across this list of 6 different kinds of stress a while ago and thought it was eye-opening.
Since most of us deal with more than one kind of stress at a time, you can see how it really adds up to take a toll on your health!
- Physical stress: bad night of sleep, being sick, or hungry
- Mental stress: rough day at work, too many decisions to make, overwhelmed
- Emotional stress: feeling guilty, grief, anger, hate, frustration
- Social stress: disagreements with others, feeling lonely, etc.
- Existential stress: feeling hopeless, wondering what it all means, etc.
- Environmental stress: loud noises, unsafe surroundings, hot or cold temperatures, stuck in traffic, etc.
Creating a lifestyle that helps you prevent and manage those stresses will help you become more resilient – and can stop stress from getting in the way of your health.
PLUS: the same steps that help you manage stress will also move you CLOSER to your health goals.
That means finding ways to:
- Get enough sleep
- Move your body during the day
- Eat a healthy diet
- Practice stress management techniques that work with you (meditation, prayer, journaling, yoga, breathing exercises, etc.)
Make time for YOU today! You deserve it.
PS: If you’re ready to take back control, my 28-Day Total Body Transformation program can help you create a plan that will help you conquer everyday stress AND reach your goals … while feeling great along the way.
Want to know more? Let's chat! Or you can click HERE.
Yours in health,
Colleen Riddle, ACE Certified Personal Trainer
Young Living Gold Independent Distributor
Join my Facebook Group for more wellness info! Wellness With Colleen